Saturday, June 4, 2011

Caturday: Flower Kitty Scrapbook Layout

I made this layout using photos of Brie, the cutest cat ever. I knew I had to use the red and blue polka dot paper to go with the photos, and just went from there. It got super busy!


I think it might be too busy. What do you think? I think I added to much crap. I've never used glued string for scrapbooking before. I was always hesitant because it seemed difficult, but it turns out it was really easy with Beacon's 3 in 1 advanced craft glue (my new favorite glue EVAR). Either way, I fail to see how people do beautiful AND busy layouts! Mine either look naked or shitty. Sometimes both!


I based this layout very, very loosely on Sketchy Thursday's July Challenge, below. As you can see the layout is roughly similar and I tried to use reds from the inspiration photos.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this! I loveeeeeeee those colors, the photos and loving the twine! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE the colors you used on this page, and I don't think it is too busy at all! Fantastic job! Thanks for playing at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete