Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Copies, Clones and Replicants - New Powerman 5000 Album!

My all-time favorite band ever, Powerman 5000, released a new CD yesterday! Every track is a cover, which they do an amazing job of forming to their unique style. Even my music-snob coworkers thought the covers were excellent!

The originals are the following random array of older songs:
20th Century Boy (T.Rex)
Electric Avenue (Eddy Grant)
Whip It (Devo)
Jump (Van Halen)
Space Oddity (David Bowie)
One Thing Leads To Another (The Fixx)
Candy-O (The Cars)
Devil Inside (INXS)
Pop Muzik (M)
Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash)
We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister)
Under The Milky Way (The Church)

I think my favorites are Should I Stay or Should I Go and Devil Inside. The only one I'm not really excited about is Space Oddity. That one is just strange and to me it sounds like the one Powerman 5000 altered least.


Anyway, it's a fantastic album. Especially if you like ironic yet awesome covers. And who doesn't like those?

No comments:

Post a Comment